How to Apply Henna on the Hair

Applying henna on your hair is one of the best things you can do for your hair. Henna is a harmless treatment for your hair that in fact strengthens you hair. It basically coats a transparent dye on your hair. What I like about henna is that, it makes your hair more sleek and shiny. And it does not change the color of your hair. It also leaves a very sweet aroma to the hair. I personally use henna to treat my hair for the color and aroma.

Now, applying henna is not like applying any other hair color. Henna should be applied to a clean hair for the optimum result. It does not matter if your hair is wet or dry as long as it is clean you will get a beautiful color. What I normally do is wash my hair good with shampoo and dry it a little and then comb it nicely. Here are the steps to apply henna on your hair:

How to apply Henna on your hair:
  1. Comb your hair and then separate them into small sections and leave some space in between the sections. Usually, I put little thin layer of baby oil along my hair line to forehead from matching the color.
  2. Using your hands or a small brush apply henna paste from the bottom of your hair to the top. I usually prefer using my hands since its easier. Also, work with each section at a time. Keep applying until all of the sections are done. You can apply as much as you want but make sure there is a even distribution. Your head might feel pretty heavy since you have so much henna on. But, it's okay.
  3. You can cover your hair with a plastic or you can just leave it uncovered. I usually don't cover my hair. It really doesn't make a difference. Trust me I tried both ways. Keep the henna on for about an hour and half for the best results. The longer you keep it the better color you will get.
  4. Now that you wait for an hour and half, it's time to wash it out. You can take a good warm shower and all the henna material wash away. Trust me, the wait is definitely worth it. You will get a beautiful color once your done with washing. By the way, the washing process will take some time since it isn't your traditional hair dye. Use a comb or your hand to wash it all out.
  5. Finally, you should have sleek, gorgeous, shiny hair with all natural tint to it. Take some picture and send it to me. I will share it on my blog.